ECO Custard Review


I finally got my hands on the Eco Custard,which is made by the same makers of the very popular Eco Styler gel. I saw many naturals on YouTube make their own custard by whipping the Eco Styler gel with oils. To be honest, i was never really interested in making my own custard. I used a moisture filled leave-in conditioner with some oils and that was enough to battle the crunch that we often get from gels and i also accept that gels give that crunch because the function of gels is to hold. Without the hold, how else are the curls going to define and stay defined?


So my first attempt with this product was what us naturals call a wash n go or shingling for some. I did my regular shampoo and condition. I used my Favourite leave-in by Hawaiian Silky, the 14-in-1 and then put my hair into sections. I applied the custard to my hair just as i would with the gel. My first observation was that it didn't glide over my hair like the gel does. I was a bit disappointed about this and started wondering if i was going to get any definition at all. After i applied the custard through all my strands, i gave my head a good natty dread shake. My curls were defined just as well as the Eco Styler gel. My only problem was that my hair got frizzy quickly and the definition didn't last 2 good days. This takes me back to my point about the difference between gels and custards. If you don't like the strong hold from gels and you want you hair to feel crunch free and soft then this is the product for you. However, don't expect the same results. They are different product with different functions.  Less gel =Less hold =Less defined curls=Less lasting curls. Its simple logic really. I never understand girls, especially the ones with hair similar to mine, who say they want perfectly defined curls but hate gels. My coils/curls up when its wet. If i don't use gels to hold that curl , it simply wont stay. It will be a cottony afro by the end of the day.

In the video posted here i did a twist out on dry hair using the custard. I liked the result a lot.

As a girl who likes to use Eco Styler gel for curl definition, i would give the Eco Custard a 7.5/10.

Have you tried the Eco Custard Yet? Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment