Vegan Challenge with Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine ~ Day 8

Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it ~ Unknown


I am constantly asked if i'm turning Rasta because I decided to give up meat. It's a very similar to the response to me going natural and deciding to loc my hair. Props to Rastafari for promoting a natural way of life but I'm not doing what I do because of them. I'm not Rasta. I'm actually not religious at all. We need to grow from this place where we isolate things that are good for us because we put labels on them. A lot of time the isolation make no sense but we are taught not to think so we can't even see our ignorance. Healthy eating is good for you, point blank....natural hair is also good for your mental and physical health. Simple logic.


Breakfast ~ Fruit Plate

Fruit Plate
I made a fruit plate with banana, mango, pineapple, star fruit and Ohtaheti apple. These were the fruits that i found by the fruit stand. Ohtaheti and star fruits are some of the more exotic fruits in season including naseberries which were sadly not available at the fruit stand. Nevertheless, It was good. :)

Lunch


Rosemary Lemon infused water
~  Yellow Split Pea Soup, Nile Salad, Herb Infused Flat bread


Yellow Split Pea Soup

Herb Infused Flat Bread

Nile Salad



This is my idea of the perfect lunch...a small bowl of soup with that delicious herb infused flat bread and a light salad. Lunch doesn't have to be heavy...just enough to ease your hunger and give you energy for the rest of your day. It was perfect!

Lemon Grass Lemonade


Dinner ~ Lentil Lasagna cups will Rosemary Red Quinoa




Lentil Lasagna 
Another Lentil dish that has me converted. I am now a lentil lover!

Beet & Pineapple Drink


 Its the end of day 8 and I have exhausted the current menu at Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine. For the rest of the challenge we will be exploring the new menu which will be available in March as well as just winging it. The chef is that good. He create a dish in no time. The next 6 days are going to be fun and tasty! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment