Vegan Challenge with Kushites Vegetable Cuisine ~ Day 9

"What we eat, we become; what we think, we manifest; what we feel, we create"


It's day 9 of my vegan challenge and i'm feeling very proud of myself. I think it is a great idea to do challenges daily or even once in a while test the strength of your mind and the control you have of it. One of my favourite quotes is from one from my favourite books The Master Key; "Control your mind, control your world." As a student of mental discipline this challenge is giving  me practice and i'm gaining more confidence in doing whatever i put my mind to. The fact that i have the opportunity to eat healthy and learn new ways to eat healthy is a great bonus! 

My day started really rushed and I was consumed with work by late morning so I skipped breakfast. This is a very bad habit of mine that i'm working on. Sometimes i will go the whole day without eating depending on how busy my day is. Additionally, there are some days when I have no appetite at all. Something I need to work on because its not a healthy way to live.


Lunch

Rosemary, berries, lemon infused water

~ Seafood soup with seaweed and okra. Sushi: green split peas, ackee, cucumber, bell peppers, Tomatoes. 

Seaweed & Okra Seafood Soup
The soup was absolutely delicious and it was great starter before the vegan sushi. Seaweed and okra make great soup together. Manish water (Goat Head soup) used to be my favourite soup and it has been a challenge being around it since I stopped eating meat. Family get togethers or country link ups just aren't the same. Things could change though...if they would replace the manish water with some seaweed & okra soup...In my dreams!!

Vegan Sushi


I loved this vegetarian sushi and the rosemary sauce that it was topped with. It's much more balanced & filling that Japanese sushi. 

Dinner ~ Mushroom Pizza & Tahini flatbread with Hot chocolate 







The mushroom pizza is a lot like the jerk beet pizza; minus the jerk beet, plus mushrooms. I guess like any other pizza, you can change ur toppings on your vegan pizza. 

I had some yummy hot chocolate with my pizza to end day 9 of my vegan challenge. Tasted better than any hot chocolate I've ever had and trust me I've had plenty! Especially when I used to drink cows milk...but thankfully hot chocolate can be good without dairy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment