Final day of 14-day Vegan Challenge with Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine

The man who counts the bits of food he swallows is never satisfied. 
~African Proverb


The  14-day challenge has come to an end and i'm excited to give you a review of my journey. Shockingly, on my last day of this vegan challenge I was craving everything I thought I would have on day 1. I wanted some fish and Shrimp lol. I even passed a food shop and thought to myself  "dah fried chicken deh smell good". Anyway, I dont eat chicken and I have a strong enough mind to go through my 14th day without cheating. 


I stared the day with a cup of red clover tea at home. I have a collection of herbs that I use to make tea and Red Clover is one of them. 

Lunch ~ Okra & Tomato Stew



I already had everything on the menu by day 7 so on my last day the owners at Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine gave me the chance to choose my lunch and dinner for the last day. For lunch i had my favourite dish, from the menu at Kushite's. As i said in a previous post, I absolutely love everything on the plate, including the added slices of Ohtaheti Apples. It was even better than it was before. 

Berry Infused Coconut Water

Dinner ~ Guava-BBQ Mushrooms With Arugula Salad



For dinner i chose to have the Arugula salad with Guava-BB Mushrooms. It's also one of my favourites on the menu as well. 


So I have made it through the 14 day vegan challenge with Kushites Vegetable Cuisine and its bitter sweet. I'm sad that i wont have gourmet meals prepared for me 3 times per day but i'm also glad that I can go back to my regular diet. Eating at Kushites for the 14 days made it seem like less of a challenge. Actually, i didn't see it as a challenge at all. One of my facebook friends asked me where is the challenge because all she seeing is good food and that definitely made it easy.  Now I feel motivated to eat more vegan meals as i have been exposed to a variety of what is available for vegans/vegetarians so i will be preparing more meatless meals for myself but I won't be completely vegan. I wasn't eating dairy products even before the challenge so I will continue on that path but I will be eating seafood now and then. For now. Maybe 'll be fully vegan some day but right now i'll just do a vegan challenge every now and then. I'm actually thinking of doing a raw food challenge for about 7 days...baby steps lol.

Here are a few of my favouite moments in my 14-Day Vegan Challenge with Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine:

  • The Ackee Ravioli 



  • Naseberry & Starapple Mousse 



  • Oshun salad



  • Chocolate and Berries pancake



  • Gado Gado



  • Vegan Tacos



Ok I'm offically hungry again! lol! It was a really fun challenge and I want to thank Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine for making this experience possible. I thought the food there was amazing before but now having fully explored the entire menu, plus more, I have a new appreciation for vegan food and for the quality and creativity in the food at Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine. If you haven't been there yet please go visit them for what is guaranteed to be a fiesta in your mouth....9-11 Phoenix Ave.

Check them out on Facebook and follow them on Instagram @kushitesvegetablecuisine


Thanks for following my Journey! If you have any questions please leave below in the comment section and I will respond as best I can.

~ Tipharah

No comments:

Post a Comment