Day 2 ~ 14 Day Vegan Challenge with Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine



"Those who are at one with food are at one with life" ~ African proverb

This morning, on the second day of my vegan eating journey, I woke up craving mackerel run down. LOL!! Which is weird cuz I cant remember ever craving mackerel run down but I guess that truly reflects the power of the mind. So I re-channeled my thoughts to vegan ones and got myself ready for my first meal of the day... I suppose having no mackerel or coconut milk might have done me some good too ;).


Breakfast ~ Live Porridge made with local chocolate pod, coconut milk, dates, naseberry, oats and banana. Topped with almonds and sweet mint.

Live Porridge

I love breaking my fast with live food like bananas and other fruits and this live porridge was the perfect blend of healthy and tasty. Your tummy will thank you!


Lunch ~  Oshun Salad with pineapple wine dressing and Jerked Beet Pizza


Oshun Salad
The salad was a perfect start to lunch as the day was hot and I was a little dehydrated. This salad had me wanting more with that pineapple wine dressing. It was everything I would expect from a salad called oshun. Divine!

Jerk Beet Pizza


The Jerk Beet Pizza is definitely on my faves list from Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine. Its not only beautiful but it is also Filled with flavour....The jerk beet...the pineapple...the tomato sauce...the sweet pepper.... the nut cheese and the thin crust. I'm done! go get that!


Fresh Coconut Water




Dinner
Lime water

~ Tomato & Okra stew with yam fufu and plantain kelewele

Tomato & Okra Stew

I love tomatoes and I love okra....wait...mi love plantain and yellow yam to! so this dinner was a perfect combo for me. I did not want it to end so I took my time a savoured every bite! I will be recreating this dish at home for sure. Thanks Kushites! 


Chocolate & Banana Square

I closed day 2 with this vegan chocolate delight made with local chocolate pods and banana. If you love chocolate you will definitely the chocolate banana square. 


2 down and 12 more to go! I'm really enjoying this eating healthy thing and while i'm doing that i'm learning a lot about what is available to vegans and how well certain foods blend. 

Stay blessed!

~ Tipharah





No comments:

Post a Comment