Day 6 ~ Vegan Challenge


Kushites Vegetable Cuisine is closed on Mondays so today I had to figure out my vegan diet all on my own. I prepared breakfast and dinner on my own and I had lunch at a raw food restaurant called Mi Hungry. 

Breakfast ~ Smoothie



This is my go-to smoothie as a breakfast option especially since I don't like a heavy breakfast. In this smoothie there is coconut water, banana, 7 grain , peanut butter and chocolate. 

Lunch ~ Raw Pizza


I heard  a lot about the pizza at Mi Hungry so I thought I'd try it and compare to the Jerk Beet Pizza at Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine. though they are very different as Kushites pizza is gourmet pizza and Mi Hungry is fully raw pizza. 

The raw pizza was surprisingly good. It had tomatoes, lettuce, onions,pineapple, green pepper, cheese, and nuff scotch pepper (requested). I was really full after too. I wasn't very hungry by dinner time. 

Dinner ~ Mushrooms & mashed pumpkin with okra 



I'm no Kush but I did try a ting. This is how we learn right? I did the mushrooms on soy sauce with tomato, onions and bell peppers. My problem with cooking is that I can't stay in the kitchen. I think I can multitask but I can't!!! Result? Overlooked pumpkins. I have to keep in mind that vegetables don't need as much cooking time. Stay put! Anyway, it was still good and I'm proud of myself. A vegan day all on my own. I think now it's absolutely possible to live vegan and I'm excited to try new things on my own. I'm only half way through my challenge n I feel inspired. 

What have you tried at home? Please share your ideas.








No comments:

Post a Comment