Day 3 ~ Vegan Challenge with Kushites Vegetable Cuisine

The best of mankind is a farmer; the best food is fruit. ~ Ethiopian Proverb


Day 3 of my vegan journey was nothing short of great. I'm happy to be on this journey with Kushite's because i have a new appreciate for vegan food combined with some African culture. 


Two things you should try to have first thing in the mornings... water and fruits and i did just that. 

Breakfast ~ Fruit Basket







This yummy basket is made of Papaya, bananas, melom, naseberry, and tangerine. Now who doesn't want to eat that?? This is what I love about being an island girl! I could have this every morning without a doubt!

Lunch ~ Ackee Ravioli with Beetroot sauce and nut cheese



Ackee Ravioli
...and Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine does it again. My mouth is watering again looking at these pics and I relive the taste of everything in this plate. It was outstanding!! I know you people think i'm exaggerating but I AM NOT!! The food is AWESOME! The flavour of the ackee, tomato, thyme and the scotchie....I want more!! 

Guess what guys?? This dish is not even on the menu. It will be added to a new menu in March. Another thing i love about Kushite's...the menu is always changing and once you get to try something new, you won't even remember what you had before. I seriously can't recall! For me, that is great because i hate monotony. Give me variety!

Berries & Lime Infused Water
A snap of Makeda's (Owner) lunch

Dinner ~ Balls in Mexican Mole sauce

Mexican sauce made with dark chocolate and chilli peppers
 on Lentil Balls  with sweet potato wedges and melon salsa

I have tried lentil many times, in many different ways and I never liked it. Now, it seems that every time I want lentil i'm gonna have to ask Kushite's to make me some Lentil Balls. This was so yummy! Meat balls what?? I cleaned the plate! lol! 

West African drink Bissap

So my Curl-friend Migdania joined me for dinner last night at Kushite's. She wanted to see what I was so hyped about. She asked what was good on the menu and i told her i reckon everything is...jus pick one. So she decided to try the Jerk Pita Burger and the Sorrel Cranberry wine. She loved it! and of course so did I. I wish i could have had more but i was so full! lol


Jerk Pita Burger

Sorrel Cranberry Wine



Date Cous Cous & Caramelized bananas 


The day ended with this sweet treat! Yum! 

What are you waiting for??? Step your food game up!!

Nuff Love! 

~Tipharah


  


No comments:

Post a Comment