Day 7 ~ Vegan Challenge with Kushite's Vegetable Cusine

Nature gave us two cheeks instead of one to make it easier to eat hot food. ~ Ghanaian Proverb


Breakfast ~ Curry Pumpkin & Pak Choi Wonton with Jerk Beet & Coconut Jelly Pasta ans Rosemary Nubian & Sorrel Chutney. Lemongrass Tea

Curried Pumpkin & Pak Choi Wonton



Two more of my favourite foods combined...Pumpkin & Pak Choi. I never thought of having the two, together for breakfast. Somehow in my mind they should be combined with a stew or something of the sort. Neither did i think they could make wontons! lol... I enjoyed every bite though! The beet & jelly pasta complimented very well. This really proves that there are so many options with eating clean. Breakfast doesn't have to be the same ol' same. We can step outside of our food box and realize that we can so anything with vegetables. Everything can be tweaked. 

Lunch ~ Cucumber Pasta topped with almond pesto and chunky tomatoes

Cucumber Pasta




This has got to be the best pasta I have ever had...and this was raw food (uncooked). This was an unfamiliar treat to my palate. I loved it! It is as good as it looks. I had to get the perfect shots of this so you can imagine what I was tasting. Please go to Kushite's Vegetable Cuisine and try this!

 :)

My younger brother (can't call him little anymore) joined me for lunch. I don't think he's had vegetarian much because my parents are meat lovers. I thought it would be cool for him to try something different and what better time than now while i'm on this vegan challenge.

He's taking in the naturalistic ambiance at  Kushite's




He had the Jerk Pita Burger and by the looks of the last pic, i'd say he enjoyed. He was a little bit nit picky but that's always how meat eaters are when they try vegan...looking for a meat taste. He ate it all though so i'll leave it at that. 


Dinner ~ Jerk Pita Burger with Tamarind Sauce 

Jerk Pita Burger


I finally got to eat a whole Jerk Pita Burger on my own after seeing 3 friends try it. It's a great choice if its your first time at Kushite's or if you are not used to eating no meat. It wasn't too spicy and the sweet & sour tamarind sauce blended perfectly. 









No comments:

Post a Comment